he System Status Application (SSA) is a diagnostic tool for system managers and administrators to monitor and check the status of IP Office systems locally or remotely. SSA shows both the current state of an IP Office system and details of any problems that have occurred. The information reported is a combination of real-time events, historical events, status and configuration data to assist fault finding and diagnosis. SSA provides real-time status, historic utilization and alarm information for ports, modules and expansion cards on the system. SSA connects to all variants of IP Office using an IP connection that can be remote or local. Modem connections at 14.4kbps or above are supported for remote diagnostics.
- SSA displays all alarms which are recorded within IP Office for each device in error. The number, date and time of the occurrence is recorded. The last 50 alarms are stored within IP Office to avoid need for local PC.
- Call Details
- Information on incoming and outgoing calls, including call length, call ID and routing information.
- SSA details all extensions (including device type and port location) on the IP Office system. Information on the current status of a device is also displayed. SSA shows IP Extensions that were registered but no longer available and IP extensions that are configured but have not been registered after last re-boot. This helps to spot phones that are Idle, disconnected, or are misconfigured. SSA also shows quarantined phones and blacklisted extensions and IP addresses.
- IP Office trunks and connections (VoIP, analog and digital) and their current status are displayed. For VoIP trunks, QoS information is also displayed (e.g. round trip delay, jitter and packet loss).
- System Resources
- IP Office includes central resources that are utilized to perform various functions. Diagnosing these resources is often critical to the successful operation of the system. This includes details on resources for VCM, Voicemail and conferencing.
- QoS Monitoring
- QoS Parameters from connected calls, such as jitter and roundtrip delay, are monitored.
SSA can be launched independently or from IP Office Manager and there can be up to two (2) SSA clients connected to an IP Office unit at one time.
Note: SSA is not a configuration tool for IP Office systems.