Some quick requirements for the Salesforce.com plugin
Operating System: Windows XP or Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Salesforce.com CTI toolkit 3.0.
Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework.
Supported Web Browsers:
a. Windows XP: Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit).
b. Windows 7 (32-bit): Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit).
c. Windows 7 (64-bit): Internet Explorer 8 (64-bit).
Note: The only supported web browser for using Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com is Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com works with the following Salesforce Editions:
a. Professional Edition (with API access enabled).
b. Enterprise Edition.
c. Unlimited Edition.
d. Developer Edition.
Installing the plugin is straight forward.
1. Log in to one-X Portal for IP Office.
2. In the Configuration tab, select Desktop Integration.
3. Click Install one-X Desktop Clients.
4. The next steps vary depending on the browser:
• Internet Explorer or Safari
The file download menu prompts you with options to perform on the file setup.exe. Select Run.
• Google Chrome or Firefox
a. When the browser prompts you, select Save. The browser downloads the installation file.
b. When the download is complete, double click the downloaded file and select Run.
The system unpacks the installer and prepares to install Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com software.
5. On the welcome screen, click Next.
If you have already installed Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com the system displays the following options Modify, Repair and Remove.
a. Select Modify to install this version over the existing one.
If you have a different version already installed the system prompts you to upgrade.
6. Select a folder where the software should be installed and accept the default prompts.
7. Click Next.
8. In the Confirm Installation screen, click Next.
The system displays the progress of the installation.
9. Click Close.
Note: Depending on the environment of the one-X Desktop Clients the installation wizard prompts you to restart the system.
To start Avaya Salesforce CTI Adapter:
1. Click Start.
2. Select Programs.
3. Select Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com.
4. Click SalesforceCTI.exe.
You need to integrate the Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com with one-X Portal for IP Office to use the Salesforce SoftPhone only the first time you log in.
• User account in http://www.salesforce.com.
• Avaya IP Office CTI Adapter for Salesforce installation path.
• Ensure that the port number 8069 (web socket) is open on the one-X Portal for IP Office server.
To integrate the Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Salesforce.com with one-X Portal for IP Office:
1. Log in to https://login.salesforce.com
2. In the Links bar, click , where is your Salesforce login name.
3. Click Setup.
4. In the navigation pane, click Customize listed under App Setup.
5. Click Call Center.
6. Select Call Centers.
If the Introducing Salesforce CRM Call Center web page appears, click Continue.
7. In the All Call Centers screen, click Import.
8. Browse to the path where Avaya IP Office CTI Adapter for Salesforce is installed.
9. Select Avaya one-X Portal IPOffice Settings.xml.
10. Click Import.
The system displays the Avaya IP Office Adapter for Salesforce screen.
11. Click Edit.
12. In the one-X Portal for IP Office Server Information section, type the IP address of your one-X Portal for IP Office in the Server IP Address text box.
13. Click Save.
To manage the call center users, click Manage Call Center Users.
1. Click Manage Call Center Users.
2. Click Add More Users or Remove Users.
3. In the Avaya IP Office Adapter for Salesforce: Search for New Users page, enter your name.
4. Click Find.
5. Select the record that is displayed.
6. Click Add to Call Center to be added to the Call Center.
At this point the Salesforce plugin will load the “softphone” plugin to the “Main” page. Log in with your One-X Portal credentials.
The screen pop for Avaya IP Office Plugin for Salesforce.com displays the details for an incoming call to a Salesforce CRM Call Center. On receiving the incoming call, the contact details are displayed in an adjacent screen if the Automatic Number Identification (ANI, that is, the phone number from which the caller is calling) of the incoming call matches the phone number of an existing Salesforce record.
To configure the screen pop for Avaya IP Office Plugin for Salesforce.com:
1. Login to the Salesforce web page
2. Click your Name.
3. In the drop-down menu, select Setup.
4. In Apps Setup, click Customize.
5. Click Call Center > Call Centers.
6. In the All Call Centers page, click Edit on the existing account.
7. In the Call Center Edit page, navigate to the ScreenPop section.
8. In the ScreenPop section, type the following for each field:
a. Pop on Transfer and Conference – Y
b. ANI – Phone
c. Show Digits – N
d. UUI 1 – Account.AccountNumber
e. UUI Separator – : (that is, a colon)
f. UUI Data – : (that is, a colon)
g. Show UUI Data – Y
h. Show Full UUI – N
i. UUI Label – IVR Data
The rest of the fields can be left blank.
9. Click Save.
10. Then navigate to Call Center > SoftPhone Layouts.
11. In the SoftPhone Layouts, click Edit if an account already exists.
12. If not, click New.
13. Navigate to the Screen Pop Settings section.