IP Office Voicemail Pro Call Recording
IP Office Preferred Edition and IP Office VoiceMail Pro offer call recording services that allow the automatic or manual recording of calls for a variety of applications, such as for training purposes or to monitor abusive callers. As standard, recordings can be directed to the called extension’s voicemail box or to any other mailbox for later retrieval. Alternatively, recordings can be stored in a central database for retrieval through a Web based browser by using ContactStore for IP Office.
An option allows to detect a tamper/ verified recording to avoid any abuse of recordings. This is available for recordings in a voicemail box and in the central database of contact store as well. The system administrator can select whether all calls are required to be automatically recorded or just a selection of calls. Alternatively, calls can be manually selected for recording. If for any reasons resources are not available then a recording may not be taken (for example all voicemail ports are busy).
IP Office VoiceMail Pro provides a number of methods for triggering the recording of a call. Most of the settings and controls for automatic voice recording are accessed through the IP Office Manager application. The proportion of incoming and/or outgoing calls that should be recorded and the time-period during which Voice Recording should operate can be selected.
- User Recording
- The calls to and/or from a particular user can be automatically recorded. By default the recordings are placed in the user’s mailbox. The configuration could be set whether on external calls only (default) or on external and internal calls.
- Hunt Group Recording
- The calls to a particular hunt group can be automatically recorded. By default the recordings are placed in the hunt group’s mailbox, but there is the ability to select a target mailbox made for or on behalf of a subscriber. The configuration could be set whether on external calls only (default) or on external and internal calls.
- Account Code Recording
- An account code can be applied to a call by the user before it is made. This can be used to trigger recording of outgoing calls.
- Caller ID Recording
- Account codes can be assigned to a call by Caller ID matching. This allows recording to be based on a Caller ID match.
- Time Profiles
- For each user, hunt group and/or account code, an IP Office time profile can be used to determine when auto-recording is used.
- Incoming Call Routes
- Incoming Call Routes can trigger automatic call recording.
Using IP Office VoiceMail Pro call recording, it is perfectly possible for several recordings to be made of the same call. For example, if both automatic hunt group recording and automatic user recording are applicable to the same call, separate recordings are produced for both the hunt group and the user. Recording only continues while the party triggering the recording is part of the call, for example:
- Recording triggered by a user stops when that call is transferred to another user.
- Recording triggered by a hunt group continues if the call is transferred to another member of the same group.
- Recordings triggered by an incoming call route last until the call is cleared from the system.