IP Office Video Softphone
With Release 6 IP Office introduced a new IP Office video softphone application as part of the Teleworker and Power User editions. With Release 7 a number of new features were added to IP Office video softphone:
- Busy Lamp Field allowing to see telephone status of colleagues including pickup of alerting calls
- HD Video support, delivering high quality Video conferences between Softphone users as well as with other supported Video endpoints.
IP Office Video Softphone is a telephony client that supports standard telephony features on a PC running supported Microsoft operating systems including new Microsoft Windows 7. IP Office video softphone supports various audio options including support of wireless headsets with full hook-switch. IP Office Video Softphone is part of the Teleworker and the Power user package. An applicable Teleworker/ Power User license for the user of the Softphone is required; however IP Office video softphone does not require any additional license, e.g. no (Avaya) IP-station license.
IP Office Video Softphone can run in two different operating modes:
IP Office Video Softphone Client Mode
IP Office video softphone provides its own user interface, similar to a standard IP Office telephone for making calls, transferring calls, multiple call appearances or making conference calls. A programmable feature button list allows one-touch access to standard IP Office features. This is the preferred usage scenario for customers not running other IP Office productivity applications such as IP Office One-X portal. It is also the preferred operation mode for users who want to smoothly migrate from their desktop phone or who use IP Office video softphone only occasionally and prefer a phone-centric user-interface, with optional dial pad and standard phone feature keys. The user interface is flexible, allowing adjustment for personal preferences with detachable specific windows like the directory and call log window. IP Office video softphone can also be configured to be minimized to the system tray when not in use to smaller or larger configurations to save desk-space.
IP Office Video Softphone Application Mode
In IP Office video softphone application mode, IP Office video softphone runs in the background and standard call control is accomplished through productivity applications, such as one-X Portal for IP Office that is part of the IP Office One-X Portal user profiles. If run with IP Office One-X portal it provides the following:
- Consistent user interface when using IP Office One-X Portal with a desktop phone, in telecommuter mode or in combination with IP Office Video Softphone.
- Offline call log with updates even when IP Office Video Softphone is not logged in
- Additional features of IP Office One-X Portal e.g. presence and instant messaging.
IP Office R8 Video Softphone Enhancements
IP Office 8.0 includes a new and enhanced version of the Avaya Video Softphone. Following enhancements are included:
- The softphone now supports XMPP based IM and Presence.
- Locally hosted video conferencing is now included. Up to 6-way video conference bridge can now be setup using the softphone
- Busy Beep – an audible beep is now presented to the user while a call is in progress and another incoming call appears on the phone.
- The G.722 Codec is included in the softphone.
- Support for Apple Macintosh PCs is now included. Unlike MS Windows version of the softphone, the Mac version will only support English.