IP Office Manager
IP Office Manager is IP Office’s main configuration tool; a simple to use yet comprehensive Windows GUI for IP Office installation, configuration and subsequent moves and changes. As with all IP Office applications, IP Office Manager is multi-lingual and coupled with the ability to use the application both locally and remotely, it is possible for an administrator to manage any of their IP Offices from any country using their local language preference.
Access to each IP Office is protected by passwords and definable user rights. This allows IP Office Manager to operate according to any administrator’s level of expertise. IP Office Manager operates on a local copy of the IP Office configuration file. Configurations are prepared and reviewed ‘off line’ before committing to the IP Office. This has the benefit of ensuring a backup copy of the system configuration is always available for disaster recovery.
IP Office Manager has a built-in audit trail that tracks changes to the system configuration, and who has made them. IP Office Manager can display the audit trail to assist with problem resolution. The audit trail records the last 15 changes in the configuration and records the following elements:
- Configuration Changed – For configuration changes, the log will report at a high level on all configuration categories (users, hunt group…) that have been changed.
- Configuration Erased
- Configuration merged
- Reboot – user instigated reboot
- Cold Start
- Warm Start
- Write at HH:MM – This is when the administrator saved the configuration via the schedule option
- Write with Immediate Reboot
- Write with Reboot When Free
IP Office Manager is also used for maintenance functions such as:
- Upgrade to the IP Office system software
- Systems running 2.1 or later have the added benefit of being able to send software over an IP network link to a system and have it validated before committing to the upgrade
- IP Office Manager Release is backwards compatible with systems from release 2.1 onwards to allow a single management application.
- Importing and Exporting IP Office configuration information in ACSII-CSV files. Manager will create files for the following data
- Configuration.csv which is a complete list of items as per IP Office Manager and earlier
- Directory.csv containing fields name, number
- HuntGroup.csv containing fields hunt group name, hunt group extension, group, hunt, rotary, idle, queuing, voicemail, broadcast messages, email address
- License.csv is import only containing fields licence option, licence key
- ShortCode.csv containing fields short code, telephone number, feature name
- User.csv containing fields name, extension number, user right, email address
- User templates for rapid programming and user rights for setting up user access levels