IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) is about bridging the gap between the telephone system and business applications. On IP Office, this is achieved by use of the IP Office CTI Link, a CTI middleware product and Software Developers Kit. IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) uses open standards, which gives businesses access to a range of third-party solutions. For developers, migrating their offering from other platforms to IP Office is quick and easy, and the advanced CTI features IP Office offers makes it easy to demonstrate full integration, and more business benefits.
IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) provides two levels of CTI interoperability: IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Link Lite, which is free of charge, provides all the functionality required to support the vast majority of applications, including screen-popping, and many third party products. IP Office Computer Telephony Integration CTI Link Pro provides enhanced functionality, including the ability to control multiple telephones and gives access to advanced call centre operations.
IP Office CTI Interfaces
- TAPILink Lite provides first-party CTI support for Microsoft TAPI 2.1 and TAPI 3.0, so each PC can control or monitor one phone. The software components are supplied with the IP Office system on the User CD-Rom, and do not required a license key for use.
- TAPILink Pro provides third-party CTI support for TAPI 2.1 and 3.0. These components are identical to their first-party equivalent; the presence of the CTI Link Pro RFA license key (which can be purchased in the usual way for products) enables this additional functionality.
- TAPI-WAV driver provides software-based support for voice processing. The TAPI-WAV driver is for use with TAPI 2.1 only; for TAPI 3.0, IP Office supports the Media Service Provider (MSP) interface, defined by Microsoft in TAPI 3.0. This functionality will only work in conjunction with CTI Link Pro and also requires TAPI WAV licenses. Each license enables 4 ports of voice processing.
- DevLink Pro provides a real-time event stream in addition to the SMDR interface provided in IP Office SMDR. The realtime event stream takes the form of a call record, which is issued whenever the state of any endpoint of a call changes (typically there are two end points on a call, but for some circumstances, such as conference calls, intruded calls there may be more).
- IP Office SMDR provides an interface to obtain SMDR events. A comma-separated record is issued for each call, when the call is completed. This interface is designed for call accounting and call billing applications. The IP Office SMDR can be output direct from the IP Office control unit to a designated IP address and port.
- Software Development Kit – This toolkit is delivered on a single CD-Rom, containing the developer documentation for TAPILink Lite, TAPILink Pro, DevLink Lite and DevLink pro, as well as pre-compiled programs for exploring TAPI 2.1 and 3.0. In addition, example source code is included, making it easy for developers to become familiar with IP Office CTI interfaces.